Science on Saturday Events
Time: 10:00 AM
Registration closes: May-17-2019 (May-06-2019 for non-US citizens)
Total Seats Currently Available: 0
Seats Currently Available for Non-US-Citizens: 0
Science on Saturday events are fun, free science demonstrations at Lincoln Laboratory and are given several times each
school year by our scientists and engineers. All local community children ages 5 to 17 years old, their parents, and their teachers, are welcome to attend these events.
To ensure a safe environment for these events, the following rules apply…
- Every person attending these events MUST be registered (adults and children).
- All children (5 to 17 years of age) MUST be accompanied by a parent/adult
No one under the age of five (5) years old will be permitted to attend
- All adults MUST be accompanied by a child(ren)* (these events are for children).
(*Educator exception - Certified educators who teach at an accredited school are welcome to attend without a child).
- All children 12 years of age or younger MUST have a parent/adult escort when leaving the Auditorium during the demonstration.
- All adults MUST present a valid government issued photo identification at sign-in on the day of the event.
- Event attendees are NOT allowed to bring electronic devices of any kind inside Lincoln Laboratory (this includes LL employees).
- No photography/video recording is allowed anywhere on the property (inside or out).
MIT Lincoln Laboratory employs various security procedures to protect its personnel and its physical and intellectual assets. These procedures require all visitors to provide government-issued identification. Electronic devices such as laptops, cell phones, 2-way pagers, PDAs, 2-way radios, cameras, and recording devices are not authorized inside the Laboratory (list is not all inclusive). Event attendees (including Lincoln Laboratory personnel) should leave electronic devices in their vehicle.
Notice Regarding Consent to be Photographed
Registration for this event implies consent to photography and/or video recording and their release, publication, or reproduction to be used for news, promotional purposes, and inclusion on web sites. You release MIT Lincoln Laboratory from any liability connected with the publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, and video recordings.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is located on Hanscom Air Force Base. All persons and vehicles entering the property are subject to unannounced searches at any time. The following is a list of prohibited items (NOTE: this list is not exhaustive)
- Firearms, ammunition, pyrotechnics
- Explosive substances or detonating devices
- Weapons or items that could be perceived as being a weapon of any kind
- Controlled substances (cocaine, hashish, heroin, marijuana, etc.)
- Alcoholic beverages
Air Force regulations also dictate that there is no photography allowed anywhere on the property (inside and outside).
Sorry, registration for this event is closed